Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Sorrow for the Night......




"Each time I would leave the hospital room I would cry.""I knew my son was already so upset, and I had to be strong for him."  I would always have to eat alone.  Andrew and I had not figured out the eating situation with a diabetic two year old.  I would think to myself as I sat at the cafeteria tables," I must look strange all alone crying."

Talk about sorrow, try best friend dies, son is diagnosed with diabetes, father has a heart attack, a
and two grandmothers die all within eight months time. In the hospital sorrow was a near and dear companion.
Each time I would leave the hospital room I would cry.I knew my son was already so upset, and I had to be strong for him. I would always have to eat alone.  Andrew and I had not figured out the eating situation with a diabetic two year old.  I would think to myself as I sat at the cafeteria tables," I must look strange all alone crying."

 Andrew gave me a Christmas present of a new room.  We had saved for a while and finally at Christmas the new master bedroom was complete. I'll never forget my sweet, dear husband would allow me to sit in my new peaceful room for hours, and never expect much of me.  He knew I needed to process alone.  I also remember months after diagnosis I would cry while driving my car.  I would always be lead to listen to "How He Loves Me" by the Jesus Culture.  Sorrow was not an easy process but was needed.

                                                 and a time to heal;
                                             a time to break down, and a time to build up;
                                            a time to weep, and a time to laugh;
                                           a time to mourn, and a time to dance
                                           Ecclesiastes 3:3,4


                                                    Weeping may tarry for the night,
                                                    but joy comes with the morning. Psalms 30:5

 When I was nineteen years old my grandfather died and a wise women told me, "That sorrow was good, but I should not let myself be sorrowful too long." "If it last too long you know it is not a Godly sorrow." Well, what is too long? I think the scripture is quiet clear.  Even if you went to bed sorrowful. Each morning you wake up you should have a new outlook on the situation. You should be joyful and hopeful each new day.  Each time sorrow visits,important word"visits", I would turn  my eyes and heart to the faithfulness of the Lord.  I have to VIGILANTLY guard my HEART from depression, because if sorrow is more than just a visitor it can quickly turn to a forever friend or AKA depression.  
Lamentations 3:22-25
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
“The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“therefore I will hope in him.”
The Lord is good to those who wait for him,
to the soul who seeks him.

Angela's Green Beans:

Makes 4 servings
4 cups of fresh green beans
1/2 cup of soy sauce
2 tbs of diced garlic
1 tbs of butter

 Cut ends off green beans, and boil or steam green beans for 15 minutes or until softened.  Pour cooked green beans into saute pan.  Pour garlic, soy sauce, and butter over green beans and saute until they look candied or soak up soy sauce until change to color of soy sauce.  



1 comment:

  1. I think more people would find renewed joy and strength for their life if they followed what you've shared here. Don't wallow in your sorrow...wake up each morning and choose to live in renewed hope and joy of the Lord. This is such a relevant message!

    ReplyDelete