Wednesday, November 20, 2013

"Putting on the Spirit" Book Review


 I am excited to present "Putting on the Spirit, Ten-Minute Devotional for Busy Mom."  This book looks into the fruit of the Spirit, and as mom's how we can put on the Spirit instead of our Super Mom cape.  It truly takes 10 minutes to complete each devotional!  But the most unique feature of this book is it's not only a devotional but has the characteristics of a Bible study.  You will not only review the main scripture about the fruit of the Spirit, but you will compare other scriptures, have practices and procedures to further review the concept and much more.  It also comes with a workbook to complete the study.  "Putting on the Spirit" is an easy read for any person  and takes you through a deeper look at the characteristics we all need the fruit of the Spirit.

Some of my favorite quotes:

"We understand poor in spirit to mean humble, or as Romans 12:3
says, “not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think,
but to think soberly” [in a self-restrained manner]."

"If you find yourself clothed in the Supermom cape of
independence or if you find yourself estranged from your husband,
ask the Lord to help you put off that cape and put on faithfulness."

"Our responsibility as women is to be good and to teach others to be
good—not as a matter of pride or to show that we are better than
anyone else, but so that God, his Word, and his testimony among
men are not blasphemed or shamed in any way. "

I was so encouraged and excited to read this devotional!  I was encouraged in my faith in God, and who I was as a mom, and encouraged to that I could put on the fruit of the Spirit with he help of my Heavenly Father. I was strengthened in my faith that I was not a slave to the world and it's attitudes and characteristics. I knew that I could submit my life to God and He would give me the strength to walk in the fruit of the Spirit.  I am so glad that I do not have to wear a supermom cape and I can look to my Father above to be much more than super to me!
  I most enjoyed the devo/study guide, because it was just that!  Katie did not just give a short overview of each topic and personal experience.  She encouraged us in the word with further research of the scripture, practices and daily reflection.  I am thankful for the opportunity to read this devotional and I will definitely read it again!

Click on link below after you purchase book and you can download a free copy of the corresponding workbook!






1 comment:

  1. Wow - there are some great authors here! I love Heidi St. John....and L.O.V.E Sally Clarkson!!!

    ReplyDelete