Thursday, August 22, 2013

"God loves you; God loves me; He has great plans for our lives."

Intro:” God loves you; God loves me; He has great plans for our lives.”  “The paths we have chosen, or have been chosen for us, does not define us.  We look to Jesus to define our heart, mind, and spirits and, to take us on our tremendous adventure.”

I first heard, “God loves you; God loves me and He has great plans for our lives” on April 6, 2012.  I was soberly leaving the funeral of my dearest friend.  We had been friends since childhood.  I still remember the day we met. What I remember most is her smile that lit up an room she walked into.  Heather was tragically killed in a car accident.  She lost control of her car and hit a tree and was instantly killed.  She had such a joy and vigor for life that it seemed such a waste to lose her so soon.  Heather left behind a loving husband and two amazing sons.  In an instant and without warning her friends and familys’ lives were intertwined like a violent whirlwind.  We were in shock and at times just stood and looked at each other dumbfounded with no words to express our sorrow.  As we left the funeral home, I looked at my husband and said, some ask why? When they experience such a horrible loss. I don’t have to know why. I trust God. I know He loves me, loves Heather's family and He has great plans for their lives.

I was also reminded of these words on November 2, 2013. We took my two-year-old son to the local children’s hospital.  After many tests; I was notified that my son had Type 1 diabetes.  His own little body attacked his pancreas and shut it down.  I then found out, that every day, I would struggle just to keep him alive.  As my heart turned inside out and shock set in, I heard and gentle whisper,” God loves you, God loves Ryan, and He has great plans for your lives.”

I was also reminded that same year when my father’s mother died and two weeks later in Jan 2013 that my mom’s mother left this world.

As we experience unfathomable tragedy, we plead with God to give us words of grandeur and enlightment that will encompass all our unanswered questions, but He steals our heart and enraptures us with His love. He tenderly directs our heart and thoughts to the purest and simplest ideas.
God loves you; God loves me; He has great plans for our lives.
Jeremiah 29:11
“For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you a hope and an future.”


Even though we may not feel like we have control over our emotions, we may feel we have lost our minds, or even that His Spirit has left us.  We can access hope and a future gazing into His eyes and experiencing His almighty presence.  We are given many examples of this in the Bible.  King David chose sin, but as he chose to seek after God; God chose a legacy through Solomon and later, through Jesus.  Jacob was tricked but God gave Him what was promised to Him and much more.  Hannah was barren but through keeping a promise to God, her son was a prophet and a judge to the nation of Israel.  Esther, an orphan became a queen and put her life on the line for her people.  God used her obedience to rescue her people from death and persecution.  Through life there are always many choices that we face, but not matter what the trial, if we choose God we choose hope and a future!

In loving memory of: Heather Price, Mary Francise Nesbit, and Nancy Irene Burklund
For more articles on "Food, Faith, and Diabetes" click on links below:
How We found out
The Hospital
Going Home
Well Springs of the Heart
All of Us
Mommy I Pooped!!
If There is Any.....
Sorrow for the Night
I Will Try to Fix You
Kill the Oxen Burn the Plows

5 comments:

  1. Visiting you from A little R & R link-up. Happiness and sorrows come to all of us. But with a mustard seed of faith God will see us through. Inspiring Blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This made me cry! Thank you for sharing your heart with us! Blessings to you and you family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a tremendous message and an encouraging reminder that even when we can't see the "why", there is one who loves us more than we know and holds our future in His hands!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Angela for allowing God to use even the hard things in your life to inspire and encourage others. What a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete